TODO THIS IS A COMPLETE CHAOS DRAFT
I have created and maintain these very popular OSS projects:
- maven git-commit-id plugin (used by various "top" companies, open source projects (neo4j etc.) and recommended by Spring Boot, among others.
- sbt-jmh – an SBT plugin making it possible to benchmark Scala code using OpenJDK JMH (which is a real pain to do without this).
I contributed to these popular OSS movements:
- Reactive Streams – (top contributor commit stats wise, actual protocol design lots of unbelievably smart people collaborated on it) where I implemented it's Technology Compatibility Kit, thanks to which all implementations actually really do handle the various edge cases of the tricky RS protocol
Communities I'm actively involved with:
- Polish Java User Group
- GeeCON – the all-around-the-JVM conference gathering more than 1k people each year in Poland since 2009 (and now internationally as well)
- Kraków Scala User Group (1 of 2 original founders)
- SCKRK (co-organizer, core team, since early days)
- Lambda Lounge Kraków
I founded, and have handed over leadership to the next generation:
- GDGKraków (which was founded still as "Kraków Google Technology User Group" if you remember those)
- "zen of akka"
- "the need for async"
- "distributed consensus aka. what do we do for lunch?"
- "git. yeah, it's that simple"
// TODO: more stuff here...
My nickname, ktoso is pronounced as ktɔː-sɔː.
It originates from a typo. In polish "kto? co?" means "who? what?", which is the questions used to explain the nominative case in the polish language.
The portrait used on the top of this created thanks to Jon Pretty, as thanks for hopping on and doing a last minute talk during Scala.World.
I live by the motto "Life is Study!", which originates from the 1995 OVA series Golden Boy (below, scene from 1st episode):
I like capybaras.